Viewing Options


How best to use this site

  • Accessibility
  • Viewing Options


Waltham Forest Special Education Needs and Disability

Information, Advice and Support Service

SEND logo





Waltham Forest council has a legal duty to make arrangements to provide information and advice to parents/carers of children with Special Educational Needs.

Citizens Advice Waltham Forest is a confidential service and that can:

  • Listen to parents concerns and queries
  • Can offer contact with an independent supporter
  • Signpost to other sources of help and information
  • Help you to get your views, the views of your child or young person known, understood and valued
  • Help you prepare and go with you to meetings
  • Help with paperwork and writing reports and letters
  • Help you to look at all of the options
  • Look at ways of overcoming differences

Citizens Advice Waltham Forest is available to all parents resident in Waltham Forest whose children have special educational needs. We aim to promote partnership between parents, the Local Authority (LA), schools, early years settings, health, social services and specialist children’s services. Parents know their child better than anyone and have a key role to play in their child’s education.

Who to contact

Waltham Forest SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and/or Disability Information, Advice and Support Service)
020 3233 0251
0300 330 1175 (Citizens Advice Waltham Forest Adviceline)



Here are some fact sheets which may answer your questions about SEND.

What is the Local Offer?

What is a Personal Budget and how can I get one?

What do we mean by impartial information, advice and support?

What if I do not agree with decisions about SEND provision?

How do I get an EHC needs assessment?

What SEN support is available in mainstream schools?

What funding is available for SEN support?

What is an EHC plan and how can I get one for my child?

Glossary – SEND terminology explained