Citizens Advice Waltham Forest
Information, Advice and Advocacy Service – new service funded by Waltham Forest council
From 1st January 2016, Citizens Advice Waltham Forest is the lead provider in Waltham Forest for Information, Advice and Advocacy.
Citizens Advice Waltham Forest is now able to assist residents of Waltham Forest with advice and advocacy requirements:
Some of the issues we can help with include:
- Debt management
- Benefit entitlements
- Problems with social care
- Health complaints
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) information and advice
- Employment and Skills
There are different ways to access help
- You may find what you are looking for to deal with your problem by visiting the Citizens Advice website which has a large amount of information on a range of topics which may help you to solve your problem: www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- You can telephone Citizen’s Advice Waltham Forest Adviceline on 0300 330 1175 Monday-Friday 10am-4pm.
- You can also email us. Here is a link to a referral form is available on the following link: https://wfcab.org.uk/wp/?page_id=1984
- If you are a professional and wish to refer a client, you can use the electronic referral system: http://www.advicewalthamforest.org.uk/staff/referrals/898-2/. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are using the system for the first time and need a password to access.
Citizens Advice Waltham Forest will still be continuing with their specialist projects which help with immigration, welfare benefits and debt issues.
You can also receive dedicated support if you are a resident of Waltham Forest Housing Services, L&Q or require specialist mental health support. For more information, please email email@example.com