Viewing Options


How best to use this site

  • Accessibility
  • Viewing Options



Special Educational Needs (SEN) is a legal term describing the needs of a child who has a difficulty or disability which makes learning harder for them than for other children their age.
You know your child better than anyone else. If you think your child may have a learning difficulty or a disability, they may be entitled to have Special Educational Needs support.

The Citizens Advice has put some information together to help you find out more about Special Needs Education, including guidance on what to do if you feel you need more support from your child’s school.


Web chat :Click here

How to appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal: Click here

Children and Young people directory: Click here

Family Information service: Click here

SEN Information advice and support services :

FAQ for parents:Click here

FAQ for Children and Young people: Click here

Independent special educational advice (IPSEA) Click here

IPSEA what you need to know:  Click here 

Model letters:

To request an Education, Health and Care needs assessment: Click here

T o request a re-assessment:  Click here

To respond to the draft EHC plan sent by the LA: Click here

Objecting to the amendments the LA is proposing to an existing EHC plan: Click here

Asking for an early review of an EHC plan: Click here

Complaining when the special educational provision on the EHC plan is not being made :                 Click here
For Further information contact Waltham Forest Citizens Advice on Adviceline : 03444 889626