Viewing Options


How best to use this site

  • Accessibility
  • Viewing Options

Special Educational Needs (SEN) is a legal term describing the needs of a child who has a difficulty or disability which makes learning harder for them than for other children their age.

You know your child better than anyone else. If you think your child may have a learning difficulty or a disability, they may be entitled to have Special Educational Needs support.

We’ve put some information together to help you find out more about Special Needs Education, including guidance on what to do if you feel you need more support from your child’s school.

Web chat :

How to appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal:

Children and Young people directory

Family Information service

SEN Information advice and support services :

FAQ for Parents

FAQ for Children and Young people:

Independent special educational advice (IPSEA)

IPSEA what you need to know:

Model letters:

To request an Education, Health and Care needs assessment:

T o request a re-assessment:

To respond to the draft EHC plan sent by the LA:

Objecting to the amendments the LA is proposing to an existing EHC plan:

Asking for an early review of an EHC plan:

Complaining when the special educational provision on the EHC plan is not being made :

Call us at Citizens Advice: 03444 889626

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)